JLT’s Credit, Political and Security (CPS) Risk Division is made up of a market-leading CPS team with a broad range of expertise and a global reach.
THE JLT APPROACH
We share a common identity and a ‘client first’ culture. Together we work on a collegiate basis incorporating local knowledge with global reach and international strategy, to pre-empt our clients’ needs and to deliver them a competitive advantage.
JLT’s Credit, Political and Security Risk division is a global practice with 70 specialists worldwide in international hubs: Cape Town; Johannesburg; London; Hannover; Mumbai; Hong Kong; New York; Paris; Sao Paulo; Singapore, and Stockholm.
JLT Team Capability
We believe that the role of the broker is not to sell insurance, but to add value to our clients’ operations through maximising efficiency and continually evolving new and innovative solutions to manage risk.
We consider the following aspects:
- Analysis: our standalone consultancy team can deliver on-demand support and solutions to help identify, understand and mitigate risks to contracts, assets and personnel.
- Broking: transactional analysis and management of individual contracts or project requirements for credit and political risk insurance.
- Claims and Recoveries: ensuring timely payment by insurers and that our clients’ commercial interests are best addressed in any recovery action.
Credit, Political and Security Risk Products
The insurance market can help investors, traders and financiers with insurance solutions, which support international trade and investment.
Our range of products includes:
- Short term Trade Credit Insurance (CI): widely used by companies selling on open account terms, and is a risk mitigation tool for trade credit exposures. CI also covers a buyers’ failure to meet its debt obligation on time.
- Structured Credit Insurance: insurance for short to medium term trade transactions where the key underlying risk is either non-payment of amounts owed for goods and services by a private buyer or bank, or non-performance under a pre-payment or pre-finance contract.
Political Risk Insurance
- Political Violence
- Currency Inconvertibility
- Sovereign Default and other specific perils
- Contract Frustration: for trade transactions
- Confiscation Insurance: mobile assets
- Investment Risk Insurance: fixed assets / equity interest and Lenders Form
- Political Violence (including Terrorism, War/Civil War, Riots, Property Damage and Business Interruption)
- Kidnap & Ransom
For further information please contact Carolyn Roach, Senior Account Executive, on +27 (0)11 361 0119 or email@example.com